Re: [O] strange error "tramp-file-name-handler: Variable binding depth e

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: [O] strange error "tramp-file-name-handler: Variable binding depth exceeds max-specpdl-size" when exporting to odt
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 16:40:07 +0530

Rainer Stengele <address@hidden> writes:

> Dear list,
>
> exporting an org file to odt I get this error under debian Linux
> (Windows works fine) [excerpt from *Messages*]:
>

> Using schema ~/.emacs.d/org/contrib/odt/etc/schema/od-schema-v1.2-cs01.rnc
> ODT export done, pushed to kill ring and clipboard
> OVERVIEW
> CONTENTS...done
> Using schema ~/.emacs.d/org/contrib/odt/etc/schema/od-schema-v1.2-cs01.rnc
> tramp-file-name-handler: Variable binding depth exceeds
> max-specpdl-size

Can you do M-x toggle-debug-on-error and post the stack trace?

This is more likely to happen when a file/directory is being read or
written in to and the prefix of the path looks as though it is a remote
file. May be there is a bug in odt when it expands/abbrevs filename and
directories.

Btw, what is different in your current setup. Why it didn't happen with
earlier invocations. (I assume you were able to export to odt in earlier
trial runs successfully)