[O] default PRIORITY

From: Michael Brand
Subject: [O] default PRIORITY
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2011 13:12:18 +0200

Hi all

It seems to me that there is an inconsistency with the default
PRIORITY in searches and custom agenda blocks of types like "tags" or
"tags-todo".

Assume org-default-priority B and an agenda file
#+begin_src org
  ,* TODO [#C] low prio
  ,* TODO default prio
  ,* TODO [#A] high prio
#+end_src

When org-agenda-custom-commands contains
#+begin_src emacs-lisp
  ("x" "test"
   ((tags-todo
    "PRIORITY<=\"C\"")))
#+end_src
the agenda block looks like this:
TODO [#A] high prio
TODO default prio
TODO [#C] low prio
This is like expected: The item without PRIORITY gets the default B
for sorting from org-get-priority called in org-scan-tags.

When org-agenda-custom-commands contains
#+begin_src emacs-lisp
  ("x" "test"
   ((tags-todo
    "PRIORITY=\"B\"")))
#+end_src
the agenda block is empty. I expected that the item without PRIORITY
matches and is shown because I expect it to get the default B also
when matching. But this is not the case for org-cached-entry-get
called in org-scan-tags at "(eval matching)".

Even worse: The item without PRIORITY is shown with "PRIORITY<\"B\"".
During debugging it seemed to me that this is simply because the item
gets the PRIORITY " " when matching.

Now I am not sure whether I would be able to provide a patch and how
this should be solved: Only in org-scan-tags or better in
org-entry-properties and/or friends like org-entry-get,
org-cached-entry-get and maybe more?

Tested with current release_7.5-416-g27360b1 and Emacs 23.3.1

Michael