Re: [O] patch org-mode Makefile - solve a couple debian build problems a

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] patch org-mode Makefile - solve a couple debian build problems and a slackware build problem
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2011 10:40:05 +0200

Hi Jude,

Jude DaShiell <address@hidden> writes:
> I just ran make update && make all && sudo make install && sudo make
> install-info-debian and updated org-mode to 7.6.

That does not work, you would need to do

sudo make install-info && sudo make install-info-debian

with the original Makefile - only change the prefix, not anything else.

The patch I gave you removes the install-info-debian target and can be
applied by saving the whole message to patchfile and then calling

git apply patchfile

Alternatively you can just say

patch < patchfile

in the org directory.  Then a

make update && make all && sudo make install && sudo make install-info

should result in an updated info documentation (i.e. the first page
should have "This manual is for Org version 7.6".

HTH,
Achim.