Re: [O] Don't ask, don't run

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] Don't ask, don't run
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2011 21:14:37 +0100

<address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I know from the manual that I can set 'org-confirm-babel-evaluate' to t,
> or nil, or a function, to control whether I'm asked permission to run a
> code block.
>
> However, that only gives me two choices - ask the user, or pretend the
> user said "yes".  Sometimes I'd like to pretend the user said "no",
> without asking.
>
> Specifically, I'd like to always manually control when code blocks are
> executed.  When exporting, I don't want them executed (and I don't want to
> be asked about my dozens of blocks each time).  When hitting C-c C-c
> manually, I just want it to run (and I don't want to be asked whether I'm
> sure).
>
> Is there a similar variable, or perhaps an export option, that will give
> me this kind of workflow?
>
> Thanks.

I can't help you directly although I also often want the behaviour you
are describing.  One workaround that should give you what you want is to
enable evaluation without prompting (org-confirm-babel-evaluate: nil)
and to have the results from runs cached so that, when exporting, the
source code blocks shouldn't have to execute; see [[info:org#cache]].

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.50.1
: using Org-mode version 7.6 (release_7.6.4.gf305a)