Re: [O] Syntax for tags-todo in org-agenda-custom-commands

From: Loris Bennett
Subject: Re: [O] Syntax for tags-todo in org-agenda-custom-commands
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2011 12:34:28 +0200

Hi Bastien,

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Loris,
>
> "Loris Bennett" <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> In my org-agenda-custom-commands I've got two block entries:
>>
>> tags-todo "office&(project|task)"
>>
>> and
>>
>> tags-todo "home&(project|task)"
>>
>> Items with :office:project: and :home:project: are separated properly,
>> but :office:task: and :home:task: end up in both lists.
>
> Can you send a test file, with actual results and expected results?

Test file:

   * Tasks                                                             :task:
   ** TODO Mow lawn                                                    :home:
   ** TODO Install R                                                 :office:

   * Projects                                                       :project:
   ** TODO Set up cluster                                            :office:
   ** TODO Sort out backup                                             :home:

Actual Results:

   Office
     agendatest: TODO Mow lawn                                     :task::home:
     agendatest: TODO Install R                                  :task::office:
     agendatest: TODO Set up cluster                          :project::office:

   Home TODOs
     agendatest: TODO Mow lawn                                     :task::home:
     agendatest: TODO Install R                                  :task::office:
     agendatest: TODO Sort out backup                           :project::home:

Expected Results:

   Office
     agendatest: TODO Install R                                  :task::office:
     agendatest: TODO Set up cluster                          :project::office:

   Home TODOs
     agendatest: TODO Mow lawn                                     :task::home:
     agendatest: TODO Sort out backup                           :project::home:

I hope this is complete. I don't quite know what the best way to test
something like this is without disturbing my configuration too much.

> I _guess_ the problem you have, but I'd like to see/test it.
>
>> What should the correct syntax be and where is it described?
>
> Did you look in the manual?  What is missing?

I looked here

   http://orgmode.org/manual/Block-agenda.html#Block-agenda

but there is no complex example with and-ing and or-ing tags.

> Thanks!

Thank you for taking the time.

Cheers

Loris