Re: [O] org-install ?

From: Michael Markert
Subject: Re: [O] org-install ?
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2011 11:56:17 +0200

On 1 Jul 2011, Giovanni Ridolfi wrote:

> <snip>

> So I have some questions and answers:
>
> - (Since we are aiming to release org 7.6) will the org-install.el be
> generated during such process?
> - and during the compilation of Emacs 24?

The emacs-bundled org-mode org-install.el is empty (if it is
there). It's purpose is to provide an easy way to hook it with emacs.

> + I checked  version 6.21b (2009-02-02), shipped with Emacs 23.1,
> and it seems to me that there's no org-install file.
> so probably it will be generated during the compilation of Emacs 24.
>
> - Is it possible that, after 20th october 2010, something changed and
> the install file is generated *only* with the make command?
Can't answer that, but it would be strange if it shipped before.

> + well looking through the history of makefile it seems that
> org-install has been generated at least since 2008-01-31 Carsten
> Dominik Release 5.18 release_5.18.  bah?!
>
> cheers, Giovanni /who have to find a way to create the org-install.el
> without using make or using make, but without compiling org-mode. No
> .elc file around, please! :-) Perhaps it is time to get Emacs 24 or
> package manager ;-)

Because of the autoload problems mentioned in another thread I built an
elisp file to have something to play with.

Put it in the base folder and run it with `emacs -Q -l gen-autoloads.el'
or directly via emacs, but make sure that you are in the base-folder.

Michael