Re: [O] ob-lilypond

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] ob-lilypond
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 13:45:27 -0700

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

>> Indeed -- Lilypond is an old GNU project, I guess there are many Emacs
>> gnusers.  I would love to include ob-lilypond.el in the next release, it
>> adds a nice functionality and cannot break anything.
>
> I forgot to mention that I leave this decision to Eric, of course.

Great,

I have a commit ready to push to add lilypond support to Org-mode, first
I just have two questions.

1. I see Shelagh Manton mentioned as an author, would it be possible for
   Shelagh to complete the FSF copyright assignment forms?  Otherwise I
   don't believe we can add ob-lilypond to the Org-mode core, although
   we could still place it in the contrib directory with ob-oz.

2. I see you have a test suite which is fantastic.  Additionally this
   test suite uses ert, which is what the main Org-mode test suite uses.
   Would it be possible to fold this test suite into Org-mode's test
   suite in the testing directory?

   If these tests require a lilypond executable we may have to partition
   them off from the main Org-mode test suite so that they can be run
   independently of each other.

I'm happy to continue to push in updates to the Org-mode core as
ob-lilypond development continues.

Thanks to Martyn for this exciting addition! -- Eric

--
Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte/