Re: [O] Errors with current version (git pull'ed at 10:30 CET)

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] Errors with current version (git pull'ed at 10:30 CET)
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 16:26:46 +0200

Hi Bastien,

Bastien wrote:
> "Sebastien Vauban" <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Just want to report 2 errors I got with the latest version of Org-mode. I'm
>> sure (with 5 nine, ie 99.999%) that I did not change anything in my setup
>> which could explain this.
>>
>> Both errors were generated after a fresh Emacs startup.
>>
>> * First
>>
>> I try to open the file Work.org in which I had an open clock, on task "TODO
>> Organize work" (misc for project organization, etc.).
>
> Can you send a minimal .org file to help reproduce the problem?
>
>> * Second
>>
>> I try to write a mail -- this launches Org thanks to autoloads, here for
>> correctly highlighting code blocks in Gnus.
>
> This looks like a problem with Babel -- can you help narrow down the problem
> a bit more?

Very difficult to send an ECM -- otherwise, I'd have done it since this
morning -- as the errors I get are not always exactly the same.

Though, I now can tell that adding the following Org file to the list of
agenda files (and restarting Emacs) *does* make a difference, and is at least
the source of the second problem.

    Note -- This file is part of my agenda files for months, and has been
    unchanged for many, many weeks. Why it now is a problem is very obscure to
    me.

The disturbing file:

#+TITLE:     Babel ECM
#+DATE:      2011-06-28
#+KEYWORDS:
#+LANGUAGE:  en_US

#+LaTeX_CLASS: mcreport
#+LaTeX_CLASS_OPTIONS: [final]

#+BABEL:     :eval never :engine msosql :cmdline -S cauchy -U sa -P LpmdlP -d
pfi-paiestag -n -w 700 :results output :exports both :noweb yes

* Introduction

This library is an extensible *collection of* ready-made *code blocks* for
handling common tasks.

* "Generic" Transact-SQL

** Add a column into a table

#+srcname: add-column-in-table(table, column, type, nullability)
#+begin_src sql
-- add column `$column' (if column does not exist yet)
IF NOT EXISTS (SELECT *
               FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.COLUMNS
               WHERE TABLE_NAME = '$table'
               AND COLUMN_NAME = '$column')
BEGIN
    ALTER TABLE $table
    ADD $column $type $nullability
END
#+end_src

Having it in org-agenda-files causes troubles, such as this other error:

if: Agenda file c:/home/sva/Personal/House.org is not in `org-mode'

This error message occurred a couple of times to me, over the last few weeks.
Today, I got it many times.

I now am aware that a couple of colleagues already saw it as well. Current
workaround: restart Emacs (and, often, the problem is "solved" by itself).
Very disturbing.

Can anyone confirm my observation by adding the above file in his org-agenda
ones, and restarting Emacs?  Thanks.

Best regards,
  Seb

--