[O] a window with my agenda at all times

From: D M German
Subject: [O] a window with my agenda at all times
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 11:53:28 -0400

Hi everybody,

I struggle to keep (in emacs) a window with the agenda at all times. If
anybody has any pointers on how to get a window or a frame to "stick" at
all times with the contents of a frame, and basically be ignored from
any window-related command (split, kill, etc), I would be grateful.

For a long time I have wanted a sticky window that keeps this
information. Like a sticky note on my desktop (think a widget in
Android).

I wrote a small program in qt that simply monitors a file and displays
it. Nothing more. It does the work for me, and maybe somebody else will
find it useful. It relies on exporting the agenda as html every time the
org file is modified, and then this little program displays the html
file. The window manager is responsible of removing decorations, making
it sticky, and placing it in same place always.

Here is a screenshot (see window to the bottom right). The decorations
are removed by the window manager:

http://turingmachine.org/hacking/org-mode/orgdisplay.png

Here is the code. As I said, very, very simple, but maybe somebody will
find if useful.

http://turingmachine.org/hacking/org-mode/

--
Daniel M. German