Re: [O] documentation versions question

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] documentation versions question
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 11:06:04 -0400

Jude DaShiell <address@hidden> wrote:

> Once git pull has been run and the build of org and documentation have
> been done and installed, should info org provide the org version of 6.33x?
> Also, orgguide doesn't get added to my info files is it supposed to be
> held separate for some reason?  orgguide has version of 7.50 on it and I
> expect that's correct too.

I got tired of dealing with info setup in .emacs and have resorted to
setting the following env variable in my .profile:

INFOPATH=
/home/nick/src/emacs/org/org-mode/doc:/usr/local/info:/usr/local/share/info:/usr/info:/usr/share/info
export INFOPATH

It changes very rarely (not at all in the past couple of years) and
works with no fuss - but, most importantly, it provides one-stop
shopping when a change is needed.

Nick

PS Linux/Unix obviously - I don't know how to do it on Windoze.