Re: [O] documentation versions question

From: Ian Barton
Subject: Re: [O] documentation versions question
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 15:42:33 +0100

On 23/06/11 10:54, Jude DaShiell wrote:
Once git pull has been run and the build of org and documentation have
been done and installed, should info org provide the org version of 6.33x?
Also, orgguide doesn't get added to my info files is it supposed to be
held separate for some reason?  orgguide has version of 7.50 on it and I
expect that's correct too.

If you are running Linux, this depends on your distribution. The problem is that Emacs is probably looking in a different place for the info file to the place where the Makefile installed it.

My inelegant approach is to define a keyboard macro that points to the place where the Makefile installed the info file:

(global-set-key (kbd "<f9> i") (lambda ()
                                 (interactive)
                                 (info

"~/dropbox/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/doc/org")))

A more subtle approach would be to edit the Makefile to put the info file in the right place. However, on Ubuntu it's not all clear where this should be.

Ian.