Re: [O] Subtasks are blocked in todo-items of ordered projects. Bug?

From: Marcel van der Boom
Subject: Re: [O] Subtasks are blocked in todo-items of ordered projects. Bug?
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 10:59:45 +0200

On ma 20-jun-2011 19:37
Bernt Hansen <address@hidden> wrote:

>> Should the first task in a subproject of a project
>> having the ':ORDERED:' property set to true be blocked from marking
>> 'DONE'? If so, why?
>
> I think the answer is yes it should be blocked because the entire tree
> is blocked - the previous task needs to be DONE first.  When the
> subtree is unblocked you can then complete the first task in the
> subtree.

Ok, to get the behaviour I want, I could remove the 'TODO' keyword
from the subproject.

That will allow me to work on the subitems in parallel.  Obvious
disadvantage is that the subproject as such can only have a
'count' or 'percentage' but not a 'state' and thus cannot be tracked
anymore.

Any other suggestions for a way to work on subitems in parallel with the
'main tasks'?  I'll spent some time digging if the wanted
behaviour could be formulated as an option to set without disturbing
the default behaviour.

marcel

--
Marcel van der Boom  -- http://hsdev.com/mvdb.vcf