Re: [O] HTML5 presentations

From: Robert Goldman
Subject: Re: [O] HTML5 presentations
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 14:07:44 -0500

On 6/7/11 Jun 7 -3:01 PM, Tassilo Horn wrote:
> Vinh Nguyen <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> After the recent org-mode to S5 discussion, I stumbled onto
>> [these](https://gist.github.com/509761) code.  It offers a way to
>> export org files to HTML5 presentations.  I think it looks quite nice.
>>  I see it being better than S5 in that no "ui" folder is required.
>> What do you all think?  Is it worthy of being incorporated into
>> org-mode?
>
> Just tried it, and it's pretty cool!  Easy to use and nicely looking.
>
> Bye,
> Tassilo

I have tried the version here:
https://github.com/twada/org-html5presentation.el

and it does not seem to be ready for prime-time.  Org-babel features
don't work, and there seems to be not a clear integration with the
org-export-preprocessor.  See my two issues, one (not satisfactorily)
closed, one open.

Possibly this should be folded into contrib, so that people could
cooperate on it more easily than when it lives off in a separate git
repo, but it shouldn't be enabled for the unwary until it's been
thoroughly exercised.

Is there a "tries to use all features" org presentation somewhere that
would serve as a good acid test for an export facility?  It would be
very handy to have that.