Re: [O] how to escape org markup?

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] how to escape org markup?
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 13:10:52 -0400

Steven Haryanto <address@hidden> wrote:

> I need to insert bits of plain text into a final composite Org document. The
> text should be
> protected from any Org formatting (for example, "* " at the beginning of a
> line should not be
> interpreted as a headline). Is enclosing it with #+BEGIN_SRC/#+END_SRC orĀ
> #+BEGIN_EXAMPLE/#
> +END_EXAMPLE the correct way? I'm thinking yes, but my Emacs still interprets
> the "* " as headline
> though.

This seems to work - I can export to html or latex and get the expected result:

* foo
org example

#+begin_example
,* bar
<2011-06-16 Thu>

This is example code.

#+end_example

But I don't know all the rules and moreover I don't know of any place where
they are described. I'll look around and post an update when I find it.
But feel free to beat me to it.

Nick