[O] compilation warnings and possible instability

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: [O] compilation warnings and possible instability
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 14:42:00 -0700

Just a heads up.

I'm pushing out a series of fairly wide-ranging commits momentarily.
They address the compilation warnings spat out by the elisp compiler,
and while they *should* all be safe changes, they may cause some
problems, especially for users of older versions of Emacs (although I
have successfully run the Org-mode unit tests on both Emacs 23 and 24).

Please let me know if you experience any problems, and I will try my
best to be prompt about reverting/fixing any breaking changes I may be
about to introduce.

The only warnings remaining are the "var `*' lacks a prefix" warnings,
which I do not know that we even want to address.

Thanks -- Eric

--
Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte/