Re: [O] Problem with ditaa when doing export from command line

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Problem with ditaa when doing export from command line
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 12:21:47 -0400

Herbert Sitz <address@hidden> wrote:

> Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
> > On Jun 10, 2011, at 9:33 AM, Herbert Sitz wrote:
> >
> > > I'm trying to do an export by calling emacs from the command line like so:
> > >
> > > emacs -batch --visit=myfilename --funcall org-export-as-html
> >
> > maybe you need to do
> >
> > emacs -batch --visit=myfilename --eval '(setq org-confirm-babel-evaluate
> > nil)'
> --funcall org-export-as-html
> >

> After adding the eval switch the export terminates shortly after starting.  I
> get messages:
> ---------------------
> Adding c:/Program Files (x86)/Emacs/EmacsW32/lisp/ to load-path
> OVERVIEW
> End of file during parsing
> ---------------------
>
> Same message has happened in several files, doesn't matter whether there's
> ditaa
> code block in .org file or not.  I also get basically same result if I load my
> .emacs file explicitly, although in that case I see some 'Loading . . .'
> messages before OVERVIEW and End of file message.
>

> > Also, note that when you run emacs with -batch, you init file is *not*
> evaluated, . . .
>
> Thanks for those tips, had forgotten about loading of settings, though .emacs
> was still getting loaded. . .

Works fine for me here, so there is probably a syntax error in the lisp
file(s) you load or the lisp code you eval - try using a minimal setup
file as shown below:

GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.22.0) of
2011-04-13
Org-mode version 7.5 (baseline.273.g889a48)

I do

   emacs -batch --visit=foo.org  -l export.el --funcall org-export-as-html

with export.el containing the following:

(setq org-confirm-babel-evaluate nil)
(require 'ob-ditaa)
(setq org-babel-temporary-directory "tmp")
(setq org-ditaa-jar-path "/home/nick/elisp/org-mode/contrib/scripts/ditaa.jar")

and foo.org containing the following:

* Export a picture

Need to load ob-ditaa to execute these:

#+begin_src ditaa :file image.png :cmdline -r :exports both
+---------+
| cBLU    |
|         |
|    +----+
|    |cPNK|
|    |    |
+----+----+
#+end_src

#+results:
[[file:image.png]]

#+begin_src ditaa :file image2.png :cmdline -r :exports both
    +--------+   +-------+    +-------+
    |        | --+ ditaa +--> |       |
    |  Text  |   +-------+    |diagram|
    |Document|   |!magic!|    |       |
    |     {d}|   |       |    |       |
    +---+----+   +-------+    +-------+
        :                         ^
        |       Lots of work      |
        +-------------------------+
#+end_src

#+results:
[[file:image2.png]]

#+begin_src ditaa :file image3.png :cmdline -r :exports both
/--------\                /---------\
| page   |                |  page   |
|        |                | table   |

#+end_src