Re: [O] Problem with ditaa when doing export from command line

From: Herbert Sitz
Subject: Re: [O] Problem with ditaa when doing export from command line
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 15:47:00 +0000 (UTC)

Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik <at> gmail.com> writes:

> On Jun 10, 2011, at 9:33 AM, Herbert Sitz wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to do an export by calling emacs from the command line like so:
> >
> > emacs -batch --visit=myfilename --funcall org-export-as-html
>
> maybe you need to do
>
> emacs -batch --visit=myfilename --eval '(setq org-confirm-babel-evaluate nil)'
--funcall org-export-as-html

After adding the eval switch the export terminates shortly after starting.  I
get messages:
---------------------
Adding c:/Program Files (x86)/Emacs/EmacsW32/lisp/ to load-path
OVERVIEW
End of file during parsing
---------------------

Same message has happened in several files, doesn't matter whether there's ditaa
code block in .org file or not.  I also get basically same result if I load my
.emacs file explicitly, although in that case I see some 'Loading . . .'
messages before OVERVIEW and End of file message.

> Also, note that when you run emacs with -batch, you init file is *not*
evaluated, . . .

Thanks for those tips, had forgotten about loading of settings, though .emacs
was still getting loaded. . .

> P.S.  How is the VIM port coming along?

It's coming along slowly but fairly steadily.  I'm trying to wrap up the current
loose ends and get a major update out.  For first time I will have menu system
and some (very) basic documentation.  Lack of discoverability and docs have
(understandably) hindered adoption for many people so far, I think.

Regards,

Herb