[O] Adding xmpfilter as a results type

From: Avdi Grimm
Subject: [O] Adding xmpfilter as a results type
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 00:42:13 -0400

Something I've been thinking about lately...

If you have used Ruby you might be familiar with the 'xmpfilter'
command which comes in the 'rcodetools' package. It's a filter that
annotates a source file with the results of expressions, so:

    1 + 1 # =>

When run through xmpfilter would become:

    1 + 1 # => 2

There's already an rcodetools.el which makes it pretty easy to run
xmpfilter over the current region, or a whole buffer of Ruby code. But
it would be sweet if this could become an alternate :results type for
Ruby source listings, so I could just hit C-c C-c and get the
xmpfilter version of the code.

Any thoughts on how to make this work?

--
Avdi Grimm