[O] understanding the function outline-level

From: Michael Brand
Subject: [O] understanding the function outline-level
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 18:23:27 +0200

Hi all

I am on the way of tracking down an (Org?) buglet and now
outline-level tries to strike me with my lack of experience with
"Match Data" of Emacs search and I would like to ask for some help to
understand.

M-: (outline-level) returns a value that I don't understand yet. The
number does not correspond to the amount of stars and is independent
of at the beginning of which line the point was before. And when I
look at the implementation of outline-level I am missing a function
that initializes the "Match Data". Where is that last search or match
operation?

Michael