[O] [OT] Icon problem with org-google-weather

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: [O] [OT] Icon problem with org-google-weather
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2011 20:27:21 -0400

This is off-topic but it is driving me bananas. I do

(setq date '(6 5 2011))
(6 5 2011)
(setq foo (let ((org-google-weather-cache-time 0))
      (org-google-weather)))
(setq bar (org-google-weather))
(equal foo bar)
(insert foo)
(insert bar)

in the *scratch* buffer. The idea is that foo is freshly obtained from
google every time: it never goes to cached data since the cache time is
set to 0. bar, otoh, is obtained from cache.  I've traced the code and
that's indeed what happens.  The two strings compare equal: (equal foo bar)
returns t - just in case, I also displayed them in separate windows and
did a compare-windows: they are the same that way too.

Nevertheless, when I insert foo, the icon is shown, but when I insert
bar, the icon is an empty box. What am I missing?

Thanks,
Nick