Re: [O] [Orgmode] Re: [Feature Request] Cross headings in tables

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [O] [Orgmode] Re: [Feature Request] Cross headings in tables
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2011 18:12:55 +0200

On 31.5.2011, at 20:01, Achim Gratz wrote:

> Hi Carsten,
>
> Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> writes:
>> I think a better strategy would be to find these additional
>> header lines right before this section of the recalculate function:
> [...]
>
> I'll have a look (probably not today), but I'd rather tag them with an
> "org-header" property and arrange it so that this can be used in other
> places as well.

This property is not attached to these lines for long - it is just
a temporary way of marking fields that should not be overwritten
by column formulas.  The property is added, and also removed
again (I think) during the recalculation process.

>> Another part which might need a look to support this
>> would be `orgtbl-to-generic'.
>
> Noted.
>
>> Finally:  this patch goes clearly beyond the TINYCHANGE
>> limits.  What is yours, and Lawrence's copyright status with the FSF?
>
> My status with the FSF is succinctly and fully characterized as
> "non-existing".  I've sent that mail form to the FSF and I'll see what
> happens next — it seems I'll get snail mail in a few weeks?

Thank you.  Please let us know when the process gets stuck or completes.

- Carsten