Re: [O] Links and visual-line-mode

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Links and visual-line-mode
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2011 11:51:09 -0400

Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> wrote:

> > Yes, with pop-up-windows set to nil, I can reproduce it too.
> > The problem is that truncate-lines is set to t inside org-insert-link.
>
> Yes, but only after the focus was switched to the *Org Link* buffer which is
> shown in order to select a link.  truncate-lines is automatically
> buffer-local,
> so it should not effect its value in other buffers.  Is truncate-lines
> modified after inserting a link????

Here's what I see with a minimal .emacs and a simple org file (both of them
appended):

- emacs -Q -l minimal.emacs
- check truncate-lines: it is nil in the foo.org buffer
- TAB to expand the heading - I get a wrapped line as expected
- go to the end, C-c C-l foo <RET> bar <RET>
- by the time of the first <RET> I am back at the foo.org buffer and the line
is truncated;
  checking truncate-lines shows it to be t.

Nick

GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.22.0) of
2011-04-13
Org-mode version 7.5 (baseline.261.g3433)

minimal.emacs:
;;; -*- mode: emacs-lisp -*-
;;; constant part
(add-to-list 'load-path (expand-file-name "~/src/emacs/org/org-mode/lisp"))
(add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.\\(org\\|org_archive\\|txt\\)$" . org-mode))
(require 'org-install)
(global-set-key "\C-cl" 'org-store-link)
(global-set-key "\C-ca" 'org-agenda)

(setq org-startup-truncated nil)
(setq pop-up-windows nil)
(setq-default truncate-lines nil)
(find-file "~/src/org/visual/scott-randby/foo.org")
(visual-line-mode 1)

foo.org:

* foo

[[foo][bar]]
bar bar bar bar bar bar bar bar bar bar bar bar bar bar bar bar bar bar bar bar
bar bar bar bar bar bar bar bar bar bar bar bar bar bar bar bar bar bar bar bar
bar bar bar bar bar bar bar bar bar bar bar bar bar bar bar bar bar bar bar bar
bar bar bar bar bar bar bar bar bar bar bar bar bar bar bar bar bar bar bar bar
bar bar bar bar bar bar

[[foo][bar]] [[foo][bar]]