Re: [O] [Announce] A GitHub Issues interface for Org-mode

From: Puneeth Chaganti
Subject: Re: [O] [Announce] A GitHub Issues interface for Org-mode
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2011 06:11:08 +0530

Hi William,

On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 8:08 PM, William Henney <address@hidden> wrote:
[..]
> Is the v2 API missing some features you need? Maybe it would be better
> to use that until v3 is out of beta

v2 API doesn't provide access to the new features of Issues, added in
version 2 of GitHub Issues, like Milestones. I thought adding the
Milestone due date as a deadline would be useful. But, as you suggest,
I should probably try things with APIv2 until the v3 is more stable.

[..]

> Well, the wiping of text directly below an issue's level 2 heading is
> a data-loss bug, so I would suggest that you certainly don't do that
> :)

Yes. I'll fix it, as soon as I get some time and am able to move stuff to v2.

> With respect to sub-headings (level 3 or below) that are added by hand
> to the github.org file, I would suggest that by default you do not
> sync them with GitHub. Maybe you could have a function called
> something like org-ghi-make-heading-a-comment that would work in a
> similar way to org-ghi-make-todo-an-issue. However, it seems that
> GitHub issue comments only understand markdown syntax, not org syntax,
> so unless the comment is just simple text it would require an export
> step (https://github.com/alexhenning/ORGMODE-Markdown might help
> there).

Thanks for the suggestions, will look into them. :)

--
Puneeth