[O] git submodule and the bzr mirror on launchpad

From: Memnon Anon
Subject: [O] git submodule and the bzr mirror on launchpad
Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 04:30:02 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

I am trying to familiarize myself with bazaar, so I had a look at the
org-mode bzr mirror of the git repo.

         https://code.launchpad.net/org-mode

It fails to import since a couple of weeks, probably since
this commit:
,----
| commit 509ee52b5317cbcd4a611f57980038c7249363ce
| Author: Eric Schulte <address@hidden>
| Date:   Sun Oct 3 10:50:21 2010 -0600
`----

Turns out that there is some trouble handling git submodules in the
import; (see: https://bugs.launchpad.net/bzr/+bug/402814 )
they are working on this issue.

Am I right that since march there is only the jump.el submodule?
I am not familiar with git, but I was wondering if there is another way
in this miraculous toolbox that is git - other than submodule - to get
the current behaviour.

It is not worth significant effort, especially because there is hope
this issue will be solved on launchpads/bzr side hopefully soon, but if
there is an easy and quick way, it would be nice to get the bzr mirror
(and with it the daily .deb snapshots for ubuntu) back running.

- Memnon