Re: [O] Passing font size to exported LaTeX table

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [O] Passing font size to exported LaTeX table
Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 07:37:50 -1000

Suvayu Ali <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello Tom,
>
> On Fri, 27 May 2011 06:17:04 -1000
> address@hidden (Thomas S. Dye) wrote:
>
>> Aloha Suvayu,
>>
>> Thank you for the link to the Mori article.  It is nicely written.
>>
>> My question was poorly written, though.  I'm interested to know where
>> you found the Org-mode line:
>>
>> #+ATTR_LaTeX: placement=[<options>]\footnotesize
>>
>> I haven't been able to find this solution anywhere else.
>>

> I got the solution by reading between the lines and some
> experimentation. The placement option is documented in the section
> referenced below[1]. Note that this does not say anything about tables.
> I think I found it by experimenting that this also works for tables.
> When I saw the LaTeX solution in the article I mentioned earlier, I
> tried out and found exporting as above works. :)
>
>> All the best,
>> Tom
>
> HTH
>
> Footnotes:
>
> [1]
> <http://orgmode.org/manual/Images-in-LaTeX-export.html#Images-in-LaTeX-export>

Aloha Suvayu,

I think #+ATTR_LaTeX: needs more documentation.  I worked very hard to
read between the lines of the Org-mode manual to arrive at your simple
solution but didn't manage to come close!

Are you able to summarize the possibilities of #+ATTR_LaTeX?  I'm
thinking that a general description somewhere in the Org-mode manual
might be useful.  It would probably also be good to augment the existing
descriptions of its use in the manual, as well.  Perhaps it would be
possible to propose a patch to the documentation?

All the best,
Tom

--
Thomas S. Dye