Re: [O] org-contacts: error on message startup

From: Sven Bretfeld
Subject: Re: [O] org-contacts: error on message startup
Date: 26 May 2011 22:24:12 +0200

Hi Julien

Julien Danjou <address@hidden> writes:

> On Thu, May 26 2011, Sven Bretfeld wrote:
>
>> It is definitely not there in 23.1, the emacs-snapshot package which
>> AFAIK is the orebokech version that seems not to have been updated since
>> quite a while. I have checked the sources of minibuffer.el and it does
>> not define completion-at-point-functions.
>
> orebokech version is dead.
>
>> This is a pity since Emacs Snapshot is the most actual you can get on
>> Ubuntu without adding foreign repos or compiling.
>
> emacs-snapshot in Ubuntu is a joke.

Yes, and I was a silly victim of that joke. Today I noticed for the
first time that the normal Emacs 23 packages coming with Ubuntu are
actually newer than Emacs Snapshot. With the "normal" Emacs 23 packages
(23.2) org-contacts is working! Including the completion functions (one
still has manually to define tab as completion-at-point in
message-modemap).

Julien, thank you very much for org-contacts. I'm looking forward to its
further development (as I'm just a normal user I'm sorry to be unable to
contribute very much).

Greetings,

Sven