Re: [O] org-contacts: error on message startup

From: Michael Markert
Subject: Re: [O] org-contacts: error on message startup
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 18:02:16 +0200

On 25 May 2011, Sven Bretfeld wrote:

> Hi Nick, hi all
>
> Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:
>> <snip>
>> thing - I run emacs24 and it's present there, but I just tried emacs23
>> and it does not seem to be there even after I load-library
>> minibuffer.el.
>
> That's right. Emacs 23 does not contain completion-at-point-functions.
> Is it possible that all you guys are using Emacs 24?
>
> I have copied the definition of this variable from the trunk version of
> minibuffer.el into my .emacs file. Now the error message doesn't occur
> any longer. Anyway completion does not work. Also the other Gnus-related
> features of org-contacts don't work (for example ";" in the Summary
> Buffer).
>
> Can I conclude that org-contacts.el is for Emacs 24 only? That would be
> a pity (and is not mentioned anywhere).

Hi Sven, I run org-contacts on Emacs 23.3, there is a
`completion-at-point-functions' and org-contacts works just fine.
But I recall myself trying with Gnus and it didn't work because
`completion-at-point' was not bound to keys.

But with wanderlust I don't see any issues. The problems must lie with
Gnus or the Gnus/org-contacts integration.

Michael