[O] org-beamer feaure request : single frame background

From: Sander Boer
Subject: [O] org-beamer feaure request : single frame background
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 12:33:53 +0200

Hi all,

I've found that this has come up in the past, with no real solution.
I have found a workaround though.

First the issue at hand:

Beamer allows for setting the background image by setting setbeamertemplate *outside* of the frame environment:

#### begin tex src snippet
% preamble

{       % by enclosing it in a tex environment
        %the background is set only for this frame

\setbeamertemplate{background canvas}{
        \includegraphics[width=\paperwidth]{./myImage.jpg}
        }

\begin{frame}
\frametitle{Outline}
\setcounter{tocdepth}{3}
\tableofcontents
\end{frame}

}`      % end tex env

#### end tex src snippet

A quick look at org-beamer.el makes me think that there is no infrastructure in place that accounts for enclosing each frame in its own tex environment, although I think that would be trivial. Less trivial for me is what kind of structure should be in place that inserts the code before the frame.
A property for sure...

Any thoughts on this ?

Anyway, the workaround is using the "wallpaper" package and set the beamer background canvas to nil:
\usepackage{wallpaper}
\setbeamercolor{background canvas}{bg=}

then in org:
* my slide title:
\ThisCenterWallPaper{1}{myImage.jpg} % first argument is scaling

But, a solid Org-beamer implementation like described above is preferred...
Sander