Re: [O] beamer export questions

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] beamer export questions
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 22:15:44 +0100

John Hendy <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>

> I've fiddled with org-mode and beamer before successfully, but it's been a
> while. I'm having a few issues i don't understand.
>
> This is currently my header:
> ---
> #+DATE:      2011-05-25
> #+startup: beamer
> #+LaTeX_CLASS: beamer
> #+BEAMER_FRAME_LEVEL: 2
> #+latex_header: \usepackage{lmodern}
> ---
>
> Is there any way to get the generated index on the right to include the
> frames themselves? This is just a simple presentation for a meeting --
> basically, i just exported my outline for the meeting to beamer so I'll have
> something to show, and then I'll take notes in the same org file itself as
> we discuss. It's like so:

If I understand you correctly, this has more to do with the beamer theme
you use than anything org does or can actually do!

Org does nothing more than translate (given your BEAMER_FRAME_LEVEL
setting) top level headings to latex sections and second level headings
to frames.  Interpreting sections and frames is up to the beamer theme.
Some will indeed display frame titles, IRC, but it's not something I've
ever done/needed/wanted!

What beamer theme are you using?  Have you tried any others?  Check out
the beamer manual and the web pages for alternatives.

HTH,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.50.1
: using Org-mode version 7.5 (release_7.5.299.gb638.dirty)