Re: [O] Passing font size to exported LaTeX table

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] Passing font size to exported LaTeX table
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 13:57:45 -0500

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 11:44 AM, Sebastien Vauban <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi John,

John Hendy wrote:
> I can control a table font size directly from the .tex file like so:
>
> ---
> \scriptsize{
> \begin{center}
> \begin{tabular}{lllrr}
>
> table entries here
>
> \end{tabular}
> \end{center}
> }
> ---
>
> Any way to pass this from org-mode? Otherwise, I keep changing the org file,
> exporting, and then having to add this to the tex file and re-export.
>
> I tried:
> ---
> #+begin_latex
> \scriptsize{
> #+end_latex
>
> |org|table|here|
>
> #+begin_latex
> }
> #+end_latex
> ---
>
> without success.

You put the things in the wrong order:

1. put a group around some LaTeX commands
2. add the macro \scriptsize in it

Hence:

#+begin_src org
 #+begin_latex
 {\scriptsize
 #+end_latex

 |org|table|here|

 #+begin_latex
 }
 #+end_latex
#+end_src

should do it (not tested).

I'm getting this error upon export (no PDF created):
---
! Argument of \frame has an extra }.
<inserted text>
                \par
l.142 }

Runaway argument?
 \par \par \par
! Paragraph ended before \frame was complete.
<to be read again>
                   \par
l.142 }

! Extra }, or forgotten \endgroup.
<recently read> }

l.142 }

! Extra }, or forgotten \endgroup.
\endframe ->\egroup
                    \begingroup \def address@hidden {frame}
l.145 \end{frame}

)
Runaway argument?
---

I'm assuming something is not liking that dangling "}"...

Thoughts?

John

Best regards,
 Seb