[O] article-class.org (org-article) - bugs/discrepancies

From: Srinivas
Subject: [O] article-class.org (org-article) - bugs/discrepancies
Date: Sat, 21 May 2011 18:20:31 +0000 (UTC)

Tom,

The org-article class is very helpful. Thank you.

I have 2 issues with the class.

Issue #1

I tried to generate the org-article.cls from the article-class.org
 at https://github.com/tsdye/org-article/blob/master/article-class.org.

The following line in the article-class.org needs to be modified:

from:  #+begin_src emacs-lisp :var table=gantttest
to: #+begin_src emacs-lisp :var table=gantttesttable

Issue #2:

I was trying to pass some options to hyperref so that the PDF file metadata
gets populated with orgmode macros but unable to do so effectively.

I tried the following:

#+LaTeX_CLASS_OPTIONS:
[koma,letterpaper,captions=tableheading,charter,10pt,listings-
sv,microtype,paralist,bookmarksopen=true,colorlinks=true,linkcolor=blue,
urlcolor=blue,bookmarksnumbered=true,pdftitle=
{{{title}}},pdfauthor={{{author}}},pdfkeywords={{{keywords}}},pdfsubject=
{{{description}}},pdfproducer=orgmode,secnums,oneside]

This produces a PDF but whitespace in AUTHOR, KEYWORDS, TITLE and DESCRIPTION
are not preserved.

If I try to do something like pdfauthor={{{{author}}}}, then PDF is not
generated correctly (a PDF file is produced but output is garbled). The extra
set of braces is not handled.

Do you have any suggestions on how to pass parameters to hyperref using the
macro features of orgmode?

- Srinivas