Re: [O] org-contacts and birthdays without year

From: Le Wang
Subject: Re: [O] org-contacts and birthdays without year
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 13:46:09 +0800

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 12:00 AM, Julien Danjou <address@hidden> wrote:
> You change that rule. It's a defcustom, simply set it to be "there's an
> EMAIL or a BIRTHDAY".

You mean `org-contacts-matcher'?  How does org-make-tags-matcher work?
 After googling and looking during some cursory investigation, it's
still not clear to me how to match EMAIL or BIRTHDAY.

>> Is it possible to specify birthdays without year?  I often want to jot
>> down someone's birthday so I'm not surprised next year, but don't want
>> to ask them how old they are.  :)
>
> Not really :(

Fair enough.  I'll use 1900 as a place holder for now.

On a separate note, the capture example on the org-contacts website
(http://julien.danjou.info/org-contacts.html) breaks without gnus,
Others were bitten by this
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2011-04/msg00079.html.
 Maybe this can be fixed?