[O] Options for HTML & PDF export

From: Ken.Williams
Subject: [O] Options for HTML & PDF export
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 16:07:34 -0500

Hi,

I use the Babel features of org-mode to do a sort of literate-programming
thing.  I have lots of R code that generates graphics which get included into
an exported HTML or PDF (via LaTeX) document.

I'm wondering about "best practices" (though I hate that term) for managing the
export to both HTML & PDF.  For the HTML I generate the graphics files as PNG,
but for PDF the PNG format doesn't embed very well, so I need to generate PDF
or EPS or somesuch.  But then I have to change the ":file filename.png" to
":file filename.pdf", which is quite cumbersome to do every time I want to
export.

Is there some way people have for dealing with this situation?  Some options
setting maybe?

Thanks.

--
Ken Williams