Re: [O] Confused about org-log-into-drawer

From: Matt Lundin
Subject: Re: [O] Confused about org-log-into-drawer
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 18:33:50 -0400

John Hendy <address@hidden> writes:

> I thought that org-log-into-drawer would also log
> scheduled/deadline/closed timestamps into a drawer, or is this not the
> case?
>
> I have it set like so:
> ,---
> | (setq org-log-into-drawer t)
> `---
>
> But only clocked data goes into :LOGBOOK:, not any of the other
> meta-data about the TODO.
>
> Is this normal, and is there a way to get that stuff in the drawer as
> well? Or is something off on my setup?

Org-mode does not currently place SCHEDULED, DEADLINE, or CLOSED
timestamps in a drawer.

This email from a recent thread describes the historical reasons for the
behavior and the changes that would be necessary to turn those
timestamps into properties.

http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/40872

Best,
Matt