[O] [LaTeX Export] Question: How to export one section as an Appendix an

From: Sunny Srivastava
Subject: [O] [LaTeX Export] Question: How to export one section as an Appendix and choosing a way to crossreference
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 04:18:32 -0400

Dear Org-mode list members:

I am using org-mode to write a research paper. I am very pleased with the way org-mode works for LaTeX export.

However I am stuck and I can't seem to find the solution using google (I am sure I am missing something). Could you please help me with the following:

1. How can I import the Appendix with a different section number. Presently, the Appendix section has the number following the previous section number. Instead I want to have no number of Appendix and the sections of Appendix with numbers like A.1 (for 1st section of Appendix), A.2 (for 2nd section of Appendix). Similarly, sub-sections should be numbered like A.1.1 ... (I could not find a solution for this issue in the well-written worg tutorial by Dr. Dye. This may be solely because I am a beginner and could not formulate how to achieve this numbering scheme.)

2. For cross-referencing, currently I use \ref{CUSTOM_ID}. If there is a way of achieving the numbering scheme in 1., would the current cross referencing method work for Appendix too?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best Regards,
S.