Re: [O] Huge performance problems to open some Org files

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] Huge performance problems to open some Org files
Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 10:49:13 +0100

"Sebastien Vauban" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Andrew, Vladimir, Nick, Achim, Carsten & al,
>
> Vladimir Alexiev wrote:
>> Sébastien Vauban <address@hidden> writes:
>>> Believe me or not, but C-g has not effect during those 7 seconds. It simply
>>> does not stop anything
>>
>> Sounds like emacs is waiting inside some blocking call, and waits until it
>> times out. Likely a network call. Do you have any tramp/efs/angeftp stuff
>> going on?
>
> This has gotten worse. But, now, I have some proofs about what I experience:
> opening the attached Org file (2 KB) consumes me 191 seconds, yes 191 seconds,
> even when done after the agenda view has been launched -- I mean, all agenda
> files and all Org files have been read...

[...]

> Any idea in which direction to go?

What is the setting of org-src-fontify-natively?
Do the timings change if you set this to nil (if set to t now)?
I cannot remember if this has been discussed already so please ignore me
if I'm repeating something...

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.50.1
: using Org-mode version 7.5 (release_7.5.274.gd6aba.dirty)