[O] MobileOrg: Org files already in Dropbox

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: [O] MobileOrg: Org files already in Dropbox
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 16:00:01 +0200

Hi all,

I got an iPad the other day and of course want to try out MobileOrg. The
MobileOrg setup instructions say to create a folder MobileOrg in your Dropbox
root dir, from where MobileOrg will read the org files. However, I'm already
keeping my org files somewhere in my Dropbox folder (in order to keep them in
sync between three computers) and if any way possible I'd rather not have two
copies of them.

So I have a few questions:

1) Can I set org-mobile-directory to something other than "~/Dropbox/MobileOrg"
(specifically, can I set the directory name to something other than
"MobileOrg"?)

2) Can I set org-mobile-directory to the directory containing my org files, or
will this lead to problems?

3) If so, is it possible to set org-mobile-inbox-for-pull to somewhere outside
this directory, so that its contents isn't included in the agenda? (I have
org-agenda-files set to "~/Dropbox/Work/Organiser".)

4) For the same reason, is it possible to make sure the files agenda.org and
index.org that MobileOrg creates are placed somewhere outside the agenda
directory?

Thanks,

Joost

--