Re: [O] Org as a publishing toolkit

From: Avdi Grimm
Subject: Re: [O] Org as a publishing toolkit
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 00:52:50 -0400

On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 4:53 PM, Marcelo de Moraes Serpa
<address@hidden> wrote:
> I have a more specific question. I have already managed to embed an
> image to act as the cover of the book. However, the image is being
> shown in the third page. I want the sequence to be like this:

Here's how I did the cover of my book:

1. Generate a 1-page PDF of the cover (in my case that meant SVG->EPS,
then EPS->PDF via `ps2pdf -sPAPERSIZE=letter -dEPSCrop`)
2. Include the "pdfpages" package:
    #+LaTeX_HEADER: \usepackage{pdfpages}
2. Override "org-export-latex-title-command" to insert the cover page:
    (setq org-export-latex-title-command
          "\\includepdf[pages=1]{exceptional-ruby-cover-svg.pdf}")

--
Avdi Grimm
http://avdi.org

--