Re: [O] Applying style to a paragraph for HTML export

From: Robert Pluim
Subject: Re: [O] Applying style to a paragraph for HTML export
Date: Thu, 05 May 2011 14:33:05 +0200

Jambunathan K <address@hidden> writes:

> Robert Pluim <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> (I thought this would be a FAQ, but I can't find anything similar)
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm exporting from org to html, which is working well. Since my final
>> target is MSWord, I'd like to add style information to various
>> paragraphs, ie bold, underline etc. I can see how to do eg *bold* for
>> individual words, but how do I apply that kind of formatting to a span
>> of text?
>
> I recommend using the odt exporter and then use LibreOffice to convert
> the resulting file to MSWord.
>
> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.html#convert-to-open-office

Whilst that would work, it's inherently a 2-step process, versus 1 for
the html route, plus it requires installing yet-another-application. In
any case, the example file for the odt-converter has corrected my
misunderstanding: *bold* works even for multiple words (although it
appears the various style markers don't nest: */bold-italic/* give me
the same as *bold*).

Thanks

Robert