Re: [O] org-capture in message-mode buffer

From: Ulf Stegemann
Subject: Re: [O] org-capture in message-mode buffer
Date: Wed, 04 May 2011 15:14:59 +0200

Leo <address@hidden> wrote:

> I am running orgmode from git 2011-04-29 on Emacs 23.3.50.
>
> In a message mode buffer, M-x org-capture to get the following error:
>
> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Can not create link: No Gcc header
> found.")
>   signal(error ("Can not create link: No Gcc header found."))
>   error("Can not create link: No Gcc header found.")
>   org-gnus-store-link()
>   run-hook-with-args-until-success(org-gnus-store-link)
>   org-store-link(nil)
>   org-capture(nil)
>   call-interactively(org-capture nil nil)

The idea behind `org-store-link' (which is triggered by `org-capture')
in message mode is to store a link to a /sent/ message even though the
message has not been sent by the time you call `org-store-link'.  This
currently works only with Gnus and only if there's a Gcc header present
in the message you are working on.  `org-gnus-store-link' needs the Gcc
header to determine where the message would go once it has been sent (in
order to create a link to it).  The error you've encountered means that
there hasn't been a Gcc header in your message when you've called
`org-capture'.

Ulf