Re: [O] bug: hovering window obscures text

From: Aankhen
Subject: Re: [O] bug: hovering window obscures text
Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 10:32:54 +0530

On Mon, May 2, 2011 at 22:39, Samuel Wales <address@hidden> wrote:
> On this page
>
>  http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.html#closing-outline-sections
>
> a hovering window in the upper right corner obscures text.
>
> This is possibly, but not necessarily, especially so when you use large fonts.
>
> To reproduce, set the minimum font size in Firefox to the largest
> available setting.
>
> I wonder if a non-hovering solution is possible?  I know we discussed
> this before at one point, with several good designs.

I’m not familiar with the prior discussions.  The current design seems
okay to me—notwithstanding the flaw you mention—because it strikes a
good balance between making the TOC easily accessible and minimizing
the amount of space it takes up.  Of course, this is predicated on the
assumption that people actually want to use the TOC, and often enough
to justify it taking up that space.

Meanwhile, for a quick fix, try this user style:

  http://userstyles.org/styles/47418/worg-disable-fixed-toc

Aankhen