Re: [O] Collaboration and settings --- was Re: bug in latex export tutor

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [O] Collaboration and settings --- was Re: bug in latex export tutorial?
Date: Mon, 2 May 2011 07:05:02 -1000

Aloha Robert,

I think this is an important issue.  I haven't seen it addressed fully.

There was a discussion on the mailing list a while back on how the complexity of configuration made org-mode difficult to adopt. This resulted in the short version of the manual, but not much in the way of configuration strategies, IIRC.

Something similar came up in the context of using buffer local variables to configure export parameters on a per-document basis. I'm not a programmer, but your solution looks similar to me.

Programmers on the list might have a different take on this, but my sense is that the complexity of configuration has so far frustrated attempts to bring it under firmer control.

All the best,
Tom