Re: [O] org-bibtex.el

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] org-bibtex.el
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 10:03:21 -0600

"Thomas S. Dye" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Eric,
>
> This is fitting very nicely into my workflow.  Thanks.  Here are some
> reactions after a bit more experience with the package.
>
> It would be nice to be able to call org-bibtex-create with an option
> to fill in required and optional fields.  I typically need a few
> optional fields and so end up running org-bibtex-check with a prefix
> to get at the optional fields.  Perhaps I've missed an easier way to
> do this?

Good idea, I just pushed up a patch which adds an optional prefix
argument to `org-bibtex-create' which will result in prompting for
optional as well as required fields.

> It might also be good to let the user specify the bibtex file name,
> wither on a per-export basis or as a configuration possibility.
> Bibtex file management can become an issue in a long career and I've
> found naming conventions to be a help in this task.

Ok, this function now prompts for a file name, with the default initial
value set to the name of the Org-mode buffer with .org replaced with
.bib.

> Thanks again for your work on org-bibtex.

My pleasure.

Best -- Eric

--
Eric Schulte