Re: [O] Making an index in latex export --- surprisingly difficult

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] Making an index in latex export --- surprisingly difficult
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 10:28:12 +0100

Robert Goldman <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> I looked at that thread and unfortunately it petered out (partly because
> it went off into a different direction to solve an easier problem with
> conflicting style files).
>
> The last message from Eric Fraga states:
>
>> Oh well, there goes that theory.  The web link you gave yesterday
>> would seem to indicate that the problem is present if you invoke the
>> bibtex command from another directory and this does not appear to be
>> the case here.  Very strange.
>
> It's not actually invoking the bibtex command from another directory,
> AFAICT, but invoking the bibtex command on an argument that is an
> /absolute/ pathname.  This is now forbidden for makeindex and bibtex (I
> don't know if it's permitted for pdflatex or not, but I suspect it is,
> since the pdflatex part of the export process is working --- pdflatex
> may not honor openout_any=p).

If the file is indeed in the /current/ directory, then a simple fix may
be to use %b for the file argument to makeindex?  I have no problems
with bibtex using

,----
| org-latex-to-pdf-process is a variable defined in `org-latex.el'.
| Its value is ("pdflatex %f" "bibtex %b" "pdflatex %f" "pdflatex %f")
`----

Note the use of %b instead of %o or %f.  I've never used makeindex so
cannot be sure this would work.

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.50.1
: using Org-mode version 7.5 (release_7.5.209.g1a687)