[O] Maxima persistence between code blocks

From: Derek Thomas
Subject: [O] Maxima persistence between code blocks
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 13:08:37 -0500

I'm interested in using org-mode with babel to organize my maxima
code.  Am I correct in my reading of ob-maxima.el that the babel
module for maxima doesn't support persistent variables between code
blocks?  If so, this seems like a severe limitation.  I did some
searching and found this guide
(http://www.math.utexas.edu/pipermail/maxima/2010/021027.html) for
setting up a local maxima "server".  I'm trying to implement an org
interface to this process, but my elisp skills are extremely
rudimentary.  If anyone has any suggestions or recommendations for
code that does something similar, that would be great.  Thanks,

Derek