[O] [babel] hemorrhaging at the bleeding edge: using clojure

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: [O] [babel] hemorrhaging at the bleeding edge: using clojure
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 08:56:50 +0100

Hi all!

I have started using clojure for some serious programming and,
obviously, org comes to mind as my development environment, having very
successfully used org+babel for Octave code development.  Clojure is
installed just fine and I have been using leiningen for project
management up to now (just to get started).

However, in trying to use org, I am hitting a wall in getting clojure
source code blocks to be evaluated.  Can somebody on the list that has
been using clojure with org-babel please help me get going?  I am
getting stuck in getting the whole slime or swank or whatever bits that
are necessary working in Emacs 24.0.x...

I have searched extensively on the web and have tried a number of
approaches, including elpa to install clojure-mode, slime, et al., as
suggested by the =org-contrib/babel/languages/ob-doc-clojure= tutorial
on Worg, but have not yet managed to get a working setup.  In
particular, depending on the version of elpa I use (this is where the
/bleeding edge/ issue in my subject above comes in), I get different
errors.  With the latest version of elpa, I cannot find the
swank-clojure package!  With older versions, I cannot get slime to
install.  Sigh.

I am quite surprised at the difficulty in getting a proper lisp support
installed in Emacs!

Any advice more than welcome!

Thanks,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.50.1
: using Org-mode version 7.5 (release_7.5.209.g1a687)