Re: [O] Using orgmode to take "inline notes" for research

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] Using orgmode to take "inline notes" for research
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 08:07:21 -0500

2011/4/25 Sébastien Vauban <address@hidden>:
> Hi John,
>
> John Hendy wrote:
>> Sebastien: my other questions re. how to interpret the code and
>> inserting proper linebreaks are still of interest!
>
> Sorry, just came back today after a 2-week holiday.
>
> Given the number of posts I have to read, could you tell me if all your
> questions have been answered and, if not, provide a minimal, but problematic,
> example of yours?

Thanks for following up and hope your holiday was nice. I think
everything pretty much got taken care of. I'm still not quite sure
what I'll end up siding with, todonotes or regular 'ol inline tasks.
Footnotes also got suggested, but I don't like their placement as
much. Todonotes don't break lines for longer notes but I think they
look very cool (though some here say cool is out, apparently :) ).

Sooo, I think it'll come down to todonotes inserted throughout or just
regular inline tasks. Inline tasks seems to be essentially perfect --
easy to turn them on/off for export by tagging them as one makes them
and then replacing the tag with export/no-export, one can add
attributes to them since they're headlines, etc.

Very cool and I appreciate all the help and ideas this thread generated!

Best regards,
John