Re: [O] [ANN] org-bibtex.el --- convert between Org headings and bibtex

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] [ANN] org-bibtex.el --- convert between Org headings and bibtex entries
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2011 07:31:56 -0600

"Alan E. Davis" <address@hidden> writes:

[...]
>>   cat ~/references.bib |xclip -selection clipboard
>>
>> will copy the entirety of the references.bib file to the clipboard.
>>
>> This is good.  Thank you.  This will certainly be helpful in some cases.
>
> The case for cb2Bib is somewhat different, as once the template is filled
> in, one may save it to .bib file, and one may select which file.  If one
> were able to use a pipe, xclip, or a fifo file, perhaps this could be made
> immediately available to org-bibtex-read.

With the `org-bibtex-yank' function mentioned (briefly) in one of my
previous responses, it is possible to read directly from the top of the
kill ring, which (assuming your kill ring is integrated with your
clipboard --- which is the case for me, but I don't know if it is a
common setup) means that entries can be "yanked" directly from your
clipboard into an Org-mode file as a headline.

--
Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte/