Re: [O] [ANN] org-bibtex.el --- convert between Org headings and bibtex

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] [ANN] org-bibtex.el --- convert between Org headings and bibtex entries
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2011 08:29:05 -0600

"Alan E. Davis" <address@hidden> writes:

[...]
> Once this process is complete, I can see that being able to, in turn copy
> this entry to the clipboard would indeed be useful with org-bibtex .  I
> wonder if it's possible to set a pipe or one of those cryptic file types
> (fifo?) I cannot remember would either work, or whether the developers would
> agree to enabling this ability.

It sounds like asking the cb2bib developers to either automatically copy
completed entries to the clipboard, or to add a button implementing this
behavior would be ideal.  Barring that there is an existing xclip
utility (on debian: apt-get install xclip) which allows for piping data
to the clipboard, e.g. with

  cat ~/references.bib |xclip -selection clipboard

will copy the entirety of the references.bib file to the clipboard.

As for using xclip to automatically copy any changes to a file to the
clipboard, I'm not sure if that is possible, but this may be useful [1].

Best -- Eric

Footnotes:
[1]
http://www.howtoforge.com/triggering-commands-on-file-or-directory-changes-with-incron