Re: [O] emdash and endash

From: Ben Finney
Subject: Re: [O] emdash and endash
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 22:19:31 +1000

Matt Lundin <address@hidden> writes:

> To ensure consistency of export, I have gotten in the habit of using
> three hyphens for the emdash in ASCII---even in mail.

I just write the characters – choosing the right one for my purpose – in
Unicode. It's already the third millennium of our calendar — we can
expect Unicode support, and harangue those who haven't joined us in the
international village yet.

--
 \     “Teach a man to make fire, and he will be warm for a day. Set a |
  `\       man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.” |